HOW TO BOOK A COURSE
- Sales representatives will receive a postgraduate request form of which details such as specimen criteria, expendable supplies, and catering needs can be specified.
- Once request forms are submitted to the Director, a rough cost estimate will be sent to the vendor for their company's approval. Note: Different companies may or may not require approval of the estimated cost
- After approval from vendor's company, the Director along with LSU Health Shreveport's Dept. of Legal Affairs will draft a contract and send to the company's authorized legal signer. Contracts are considered fully executed and binding once signatures are obtained from the anticipated sponsoring company and LSU Health Shreveport's Chancellor or authorized legal signer.
- After completion of course, an itemized invoice will be sent to the sponsoring vendor and participating sales representative.
- Policies & Procedures governing SPARTA are available upon request from the Director of Surgical Skills.
Course bookings/dates are first initiated by contacting the Director of Surgical Skills, La'Tonyia Franklin, RN via Email at Lfran9@lsuhsc.edu and/or (318) 675-8465.
Policies & Procedures
Additional Policies & Procedures are available upon request to Lab Director.
It is SPARTA's policy that all participants utilizing the lab, follow all safety rules/regulations, and show respect for the dignity and humanity of the specimens used throughout the course. Click on the following link to view the responsibilities of the instructor as well as the participants.
- Are outside specimens allowed?
- Are specimens serology tested?
- Who is allowed to use the lab?
- What equipment is in the lab?
- What is the dress code?
- Are meals provided?
- What if I don't have all of the necessary equipment for the course?
- Do you have access to Surgical Instruments that aren't included in the lists provided?
- Does the lab have a C-arm?
- Can a course be held during the weekend?
- What is in the lab?