THIS IS SPARTA!
It is the mission of this Surgical Physician and Resident Training Area to enhance knowledge, encourage growth, and enrich the educational experience of our students, while developing surgical skill techniques ultimately yielding positive patient outcomes.
The purpose of this surgical skills laboratory is to serve as a teaching tool for medical students, residents, faculty, and practicing surgeons of all subspecialty fields. This lab will provide a setting in which learners of all levels may practice and hone their surgical skills. Using cadaveric specimens allow participants a relaxed setting to strengthen their anatomic knowledge without putting actual patients at risk.
Loading from Vimeo...
About Our Facility:
- 1070.40 square foot bioskill/cadaver laboratory
- Wet lab capabilities
- 6 individual cadaveric training stations
- Height adjustable operating tables
- Overhead operating light
- Surgical tower/boom with an endoscopic light and a camera source
- Insufflation with carbon dioxide capabilities
- Power source for drills, shavers, foot pedals, electrical tools, etc
- Vacuum and air fixed points
- Anesthesia equipment
- Demo station with camera and surgical lights
- 2 large flat screen monitors for additional viewing
- Specimen preparation room with freezers for cadaveric storage
- Wash room for storage/cleaning of surgical equipment with a Reliance Genfore instrument washer for decontamination (not sterilization)
- Storage space for personal belongings
- Conference room accommodating up to 35 people with projection and internet capabilities
- Conference center seating up to 150 people with video/teleconferencing capabilities
- 3 lecture halls accommodating up to 125 people per room, 1 room with teleconferencing capabilities
Like us on Facebook!