GRADUATE & PROFESSIONAL FINANCIAL AID
We have provided information on the following on our Scholarships and Fee Waivers page for Graduate & Professional students. Please look through the information and contact us with any questions that you have regarding Student Financial Aid at our institution.
- Scholarship and Waiver Opportunities
- Assistance Programs
- Military Exemptions and Scholarships
Students may also use scholarship search engines to increase the chances of reducing tuition expenses. Scholarship Search Engines shortens the search and submission process for scholarships. LSU Health Shreveport is not responsible for the administration of the below-listed scholarships or their affiliates. The Office of Student Financial Aid is providing the below information for you to research and apply at your own discretion.
Common Scholarship Search Engines
We have provided information on the following student loan opportunities on our STUDENT LOAN INFORMATION webpage. Please look through the information and contact us with any questions that you have regarding Student Financial Aid at our institution.
- Federal Direct Master Promissory Note
- Federal Direct Subsidized Loan
- Federal Direct Graduate Plus Loan
- Credit Based Educational Loans from Private Lenders
Students can receive eligible Veterans Benefits while attending LSU Health Shreveport. Information pertaining to school policies, catalogs, residency, academic calendars, tuition and fee charges and more can be found on the LSUHS Registrar's website.
Steps for receiving benefits:
- The student should contact the Registrar's Office for completion of required documentation certifying eligible tuition, fees and enrollment data.
- Benefits are approved by the Veterans Affairs Administration and funds are transferred to the university via ACH deposit.
- The Bursars Office notifies the Student Financial Aid Office of receipt of funds.
- The Financial Aid Office adds the amount of the award to the system.
- The Financial Aid Office notifies the student that there is a new award in the Student Self Service Portal.
- The Financial Aid Office authorizes the disbursement of funds to the Student Account.
- The Bursar's Office processes the disbursements and notifies the student by email when a credit balance check is available to be picked up.
The U.S. Department of Education and the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau offers the following school comparison tools for students trying to decide which school is the best fit for their educational needs:
College Scorecard - http://collegecost.ed.gov/scorecard/
College Navigator - http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
Paying for College - http://www.consumerfinance.gov/paying-for-college/