AWARDING PROCESS | FINANCIAL AID
Once the student has completed the FAFSA and submitted the application electronically, the student should receive an electronic notice that the Student Aid Report (SAR), the results of the FAFSA, is available. The schools listed on the FAFSA receive an electronic copy of the SAR (ISIR) within 5 to 7 days typically of the application being processed. This is the first step in the process of applying for federal financial aid.
- Student ISIR is placed in date order to be reviewed by the Financial Aid Office staff.
- Missing documents needed to complete the student’s file are requested.
- Verification is completed if the student was selected for verification. Corrections are made to the student's ISIR information, if necessary, to correct errors found during verification.
- Financial Aid Office makes awards.
- Financial Aid Office notifies student of new award.
- Student accepts, reduces, or declines the award in the Student Self-Service portal.
- The Financial Aid Office updates the student’s award packages.
IMPORTANT: Students who are admitted to LSU Health Shreveport will have access to the PeopleSoft Student Self-Service Portal. Financial Aid Applicants must utilize the PeopleSoft Student Self-Service Portal to complete some financial aid actions, such as accepting financial aid awards and monitoring a To Do List. You must activate your LSUHSC Email Account in order to access the PeopleSoft Student Self-Service Portal. More information regarding usage of the Student Self-Service Portal is located on the Student Financial Aid website under the Heading “Student Self Service”.