Gold Humanism Honor Society
Our November Gold Humanism Honor Society Student of the Month is Leah Kaplan, MSIII. Compassion and humility can be difficult for some patients to find in medicine; but Leah makes up for all that and then some. Recently, she cared for a patient who was unfortunately nearing the end of his life. After her appointed time, she continued to visit this patient and provide him comfort. She did it during her own personal time, with a humble spirit. She also single-handedly built the Arts & Humanities in Medicine club on campus with the hope of bringing music and art to all hospital patients. Leah will be the ideal physician: smart but humble; always willing to go the extra mile when no one is looking; and acting as the patient's emotional support when they are at their most vulnerable moment. Congratulations, Leah!
Congratulations to the Gold Humanism Honor Society Class of 2021 Inductees!
The new members were inducted via virtual ceremony in April, 2020.
- Dr. Katrina Castille, General Surgery
- Dr. Dylan Harrell, Internal Medicine
- Dr. Loveita Raymond, Medicine/Pediatrics
- Dr. Kristen Sandoz, Pediatrics
- Dr. Michelle Finch, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Dr. Alex Fuselier, Urology
- Dr. Shahzeem Bhayani, Asst. Professor of Medicine
- Dr. Laurie Grier, Professor of Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Anesthesiology, OBGYN, and OMFS
- Dr. Diana Veillon, Professor of Pathology and Residency Program Director
- Dr. Michael Sewell, Clinical Associate Professor of Internal Medicine
- Dr. David Scarborough, Associate Clinical Professor of Endocrinology