Gold Humanism Honor Society
October, 2022 - GHHS July Student of the Month is Sarah Lauve, MSIII.
Sarah exhibits a level of compassion and empathy that is exceptional this early in clinical training. Sarah brings comfort, calmness, and compassion to each patient she interacts with and is always their strongest advocate. While on a surgery service, Sarah befriended a patient that was confused and nervous about his procedure. His surgery was pushed back several times, and he did not understand why or his comorbidities. Recognizing this, Sarah sat with him after rounds one day and walked him through the case, why it was being postponed, and what his cardiac history meant. While this act may seem small, it truly made a difference to the patient and their overall care. Whether in the hospital or the clinic, Sarah has a calming presence that is welcomed and appreciated by each person she encounters. She brings positivity, a strong work ethic, and compassionate spirit to each team she is a part of. All these qualities will serve her and her future patients well when she is a physician soon.
I pledge by all that I hold dear as a Physician:
- I will Care for my patients with Compassion, Respect, Empathy, Integrity and Clinical Excellence;
- I will Listen to my patients with my whole being;
- I will Advocate for each patient as a unique individual;
- I will Serve as a role model and mentor to promote humanism in health care;
- I will Remember always the healing power of acts of caring;
- I will Dedicate myself to joining with others to make health care optimal for all.