LSU HEALTH SHREVEPORT CARES
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center at Shreveport (LSUHSC-S) strives to foster an honest, respectful, and inclusive community and seeks to resolve student complaints in a fair and expeditious manner. The institution’s policies and procedures for student complaints underscore respect for each one’s dignity, diversity in human culture and experience, and persistence and courage in promoting integrity and excellence.
Reporting an Incident / Filing a Complaint
The Office of Student Affairs recognizes that choosing to report a complaint can be a difficult decision and is committed to the maintenance of processes for good faith review and resolution of student complaints The Office of Student Affairs takes all complaints seriously and will investigate all reports.
Types of Reporting
- Academic (e.g., an arbitrary and/or capricious action on the part of a faculty member/course/clerkship director or other administrator; application of standards differently from those that were applied to other students in the same course or clerkship; other issues that do not specifically concern a grade.
- Title IX (e.g., sexual discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, etc.)
- Personnel (problem with staff, administrator, etc.)
- Student Services (financial aid, food services, etc.)
- Concern about another student
- Malicious Intent
- Intentional intimidation
- Sexual harassment or gender discrimination
- Threatening verbal or physical behavior
- Racism or other discrimination
- Excessive or unrealistic expectations
- Abusive Favors
- Trading for grades
School of Medicine
Office of Student Affairs
Link to Office of Student Affairs
(Photo L to R)
Dr. Debbie Chandler - Associate Dean for Diversity & Student Affairs; Dr. David Lewis - Dean of School of Medicine; and Dr. Peggy Murphy - Director of Student Affairs