The Admissions Committee will consider transfers on a case-by-case basis.
With the highly integrated nature of our curriculum, transfer is possible only into the third year for students who have completed two years of medical school at an LCME-accredited school, and who have passed Step 1 of the USMLE.
The number of places available varies from year to year, as does the number of transfer students accepted. Each applicant is evaluated individually, and while a vacancy in the class is essential, it does not assure acceptance per se.
Requirements for Transfer:
- Applicant must be a student in good standing at an LCME-accredited medical school,
- A letter of intent and a non-refundable application fee of $50,
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended since high school,
- A Dean's letter including a statement of good standing,
- Letters of reference from three medical school professors,
- A personal interview in Shreveport for those passing an initial screening,
- Copies of MCAT scores and AMCAS application from your school's registrar, and
- Step 1 of the USMLE test must be taken by the last day of June and a passing score is required.
April 1 - All application materials, documentation and letters must be received by this date.
You will be notified of the school's decision as soon as one is made, which could be as late as June.