The requirements for admission to the School of Graduate Studies are:
- A baccalaureate degree from a college or university approved by a regional accrediting agency.
- A grade point average of at least 2.5 for undergraduate work, and 3.0 for graduate work, on a 4 point scale and based upon all work for which a grade is given.
- Good standing at the most recent educational institution attended.
- International students must have recent Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. Minimum score requirements vary with the degree program. International students must also present acceptable scores (80 or better) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination before they will be accepted as graduate students or at least a 6.5 overall band score on the IELTS. These examinations are offered several times a year throughout the world.
- Final acceptance is contingent upon acceptance by one of the Departments offering graduate instruction leading to advanced degrees.
- Note: Individual Departments may establish more stringent requirements than the minimal standards of the School of Graduate Studies.
Types of Admissions
Students meeting all requirements are granted unconditional admission. Applicants who fail to meet all qualifications but who are nevertheless judged by the Department concerned and by the Dean to show promise for successful graduate work may be considered for probationary admission on the merits of their individual cases. Applicants who appear to be admissible but who are unable, for good reason, to supply the required credentials prior to the stated deadline may request provisional admission. In such cases, complete credentials must be received not later than sixty days after the first day of classes (forty-five days in the Summer term).
GradCAS Centralized Application Service
LSU Health Shreveport is participating in the GradCAS Centralized Application Service (GradCAS) in the 2023 application cycle. The application process is outlined below:
- For the GradCAS Application, the link is: https://gradcas.liaisoncas.org/apply/. Search for our programs under Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center Shreveport.
- Send all information, including GRE and TOEFL scores, directly to GradCAS.
- Send all official transcripts to the GradCAS Transcript processing center. Transcripts which show transfer credit from other colleges you have attended are not acceptable. Transcripts from institutions outside the United States must be evaluated by a global credential service (recommended companies are ECE, WES, and GCE).
GradCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9217, Watertown, MA 02471
- International students must submit scores for both the GRE and TOEFL. The TOEFL must be taken unless the applicant has received at least a Bachelor’s degree from an American University. International students should have their IELTS scores mailed directly to LSU Health Shreveport at the following address:
School of Graduate Studies / LSU Health Shreveport
P.O. Box 33932, Shreveport, LA 71130
Having trouble accessing the application? The preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox.
More information is available at the GradCAS help center. If you have questions about your application status, please contact your GradCAS Customer Service Representative at 857-304-2086 or GradCASinfo@liaisonedu.com
Full-time PhD students receive a tuition waiver and stipend of $28,000.
TRAIN WITH US
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, PhD
- Cellular Biology & Anatomy, PhD
- Microbiology & Immunology, PhD
- Molecular & Cellular Physiology, PhD
- Pharmacology, Toxicology, & Neuroscience, PhD
For program-specific information, contact the program's graduate director.
WHY TRAIN IN SHREVEPORT, LOUISIANA?
"North Louisiana’s cost of living remains the lowest in the state" - Biz Magazine