Allied Health Education and Discovery (AHEAD)
The AHEAD Program is scheduled to take place June 14-18, 2021!
Please check back soon for a link to the electronic application!
Program description: AHEAD is a free, 5-day program for Louisiana high school students interested in exploring the health career programs offered at LSU Health Shreveport – School of Allied Health Professions. Participants will engage in full-day sessions that include hands-on, interactive activities within each discipline and field trips. Students will gain CPR certification and receive the necessary information to pursue the School of Allied Health Professions application process.
Cost: There is no cost to participants. Lunch and any resource materials required to participate in the program will be provided.
- Students must be at least 16 years old by the start of the program.
- Enrolled in a Louisiana high school.
- Minimum 2.5 high school GPA at the time of application.
- Access to reliable transportation and commitment to full attendance.
- Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- Physician Assistant
- Public Health Professional
- Respiratory Therapist
- Speech-Language Pathologist