Due to COVID-19, the AHEAD program for Summer 2020 will be rescheduled for the Summer 2021.
LSU Health Shreveport is taking precautions to keep students and visitors safe. We appreciate your interest in our health professions and will continue to provide opportunities to visit campus in the future. Please check back for AHEAD dates for the Summer 2021!
If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Office at ShvAHStudentAffairs@lsuhsc.edu.
Allied Health Education and Discovery (AHEAD)
Program description: AHEAD is a free, 5-day program for Louisiana high school students interested in exploring the health career programs offered at LSU Health Shreveport – School of Allied Health Professions. Participants will engage in full-day sessions that include hands-on, interactive activities within each discipline and field trips. Students will gain CPR certification and receive the necessary information to pursue the School of Allied Health Professions application process.
Cost: There is no cost to participants. Lunch and any resource materials required to participate in the program will be provided.
- Students must be at least 16 years old by the start of the program.
- Enrolled in a Louisiana high school.
- Minimum 2.5 high school GPA at the time of application.
- Access to reliable transportation and commitment to full attendance.
- Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- Physician Assistant
- Public Health Professional
- Respiratory Therapist
- Speech-Language Pathologist