Academic & Student Affairs
The Office of Academic and Student Affairs serves the School of Allied Health Professions as the primary contacts for prospective, incoming, and current Allied Health students and alumni.
- Maintains Southern Association of Colleges and Schools accreditation for the School of Allied Health Professions.
- Develops academic policies and provides student learning resources.
- Assists students in being well-informed as to their rights and School regulations.
- Supports students with disabilities to provide reasonable academic accommodations.
- Aids each department in recruiting qualified students committed to professional education.
- Assists students in the successful admission, progression, and graduation from the School.
- Provides orientation and on-going assistance regarding procurement of financial aid, medical, and academic/counseling services.
- Advises the Student Government Association which embodies equal representation from each program.
- Serves as a liaison among our administration, faculty, staff, and the student body.
- Connects with alumni to strengthen connections and encourage involvement with the School.
The Alpha Eta Society is a national scholastic honor society that serves to promote and recognize significant scholarship, leadership, and contributions to the Allied Health Professions. Inductees include the top 10% percent of students in each academic program.
LSU Health Shreveport seeks to comply with the American with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 by providing reasonable accommodations to students with documented disabilities. The Office of Academic Affairs works with students with disabilities and faculty to provide reasonable accommodations.
Founded in 1985, the LSU Health Shreveport School of Allied Health Professions Student Government Association is composed of two student representatives from each of the seven academic programs. The SGA acts as a liaison between the student body and faculty and hosts various campus events. Send the SGA President Ernesto Peña Tejeda an anonymous email below.
The Student Counseling Center is a wellness program that offers academic and emotional support services to the students at the LSU Health Shreveport. Services include medication management, academic support for a range of issues such as test anxiety and study skills, and counseling services.
To obtain additional information, brochures, or applications for any of our programs, please contact:
School of Allied Health Professions, Office of Academic & Student Affairs
LSU Health Shreveport
1501 Kings Highway
P.O. Box 33932
Shreveport, LA 71130-3932