The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) is the regional body for the accreditation of degree-granting higher education institutions in the Southern states. It serves as the common denominator of shared values and practices among the diverse institutions in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Latin America and other international sites approved by the Commission that award associate, baccalaureate, master’s, or doctoral degrees. The Commission also accepts applications from other international institutions of higher education.
Information about the institution's SACSCOC accreditation status is available at https://www.lsuhs.edu/about/accreditations.
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center at Shreveport (LSUHSC‐S) notifies SACSCOC of any substantive change and seeks prior approval of changes as required by the commission in accordance with the SACSCOC Substantive Change Policy and Procedures and SACSCOC Standard 14.2.
In accordance with Louisiana Board of Regents Academic Affairs Policy 2.13, all educational programs at LSUHSC-S eligible for programmatic accreditation are accredited by nationally recognized agencies. Additional information about specific programmatic accreditations is available at https://www.lsuhs.edu/about/accreditations.
The Office of Institutional Planning, Effectiveness, and Accreditation provides current, key information about the institution that is routinely required in the documentation for specialized accreditation submissions, including mission statement, strategic plan, SACSCOC accreditation statement and date of last reaffirmation, LSUHSC-S organizational structure including governance by Louisiana Board of Regents and LSU Board of Supervisors, institutional effectiveness/assessment processes, demographic information about LSUHSC-S, institutional history, etc.
Academic Program Inventory
- Cardiopulmonary Science, BS (CIP 51.0901)
- Medical Laboratory Science, BS (CIP 51.1005)
- Biomedical Science, MS (CIP 26.0102)
- Medical Sciences, MS (CIP 51.1401)
- Occupational Therapy, MOT (CIP 51.2306)
- Physician Assistant Studies, MPAS (CIP 51.0912)
- Public Health, MPH (CIP 51.2201)
- Speech-Language Pathology, MCD (CIP 51.0204)
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, PhD (CIP 26.0202)
- Cellular Biology and Anatomy, PhD (CIP 26.0403)
- Medicine, MD (CIP 51.1201)
- Microbiology and Immunology, PhD (CIP 26.0503)
- Molecular and Cellular Physiology, PhD (CIP 26.0901)
- Occupational Therapy, OTD (CIP 51.2306)
- Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Neuroscience, PhD (CIP 26.1001)
- Physical Therapy, DPT (CIP 51.2308)
- Rehabilitation Science, PhD (CIP 51.2314)