Task Trainers are specialized simulators or models designed to help the learner practice a specific skill. They are typically used for skills that require repetitive practice, like IV placement, or for teaching skills that cause patient discomfort, like intubation. These trainers help learners familiarize themselves with various procedures so they can develop good procedural techniques, in a safe environment, before they have to perform the procedure on a real patient.
Some of our task trainers include:
- Ultrasound Central Venous Line Model
- Venipuncture and Injection Training Arm
- Intubation models
- HARVEY (heart sounds simulator)
- Midscapular Thoracentesis Ultrasound Training Model
- Lumbar Puncture Simulator
- Infant and Adult IO models
To learn more about the simulators we have available or to schedule a manikin session or use of the simulation lab or equipment please contact:
Elizabeth Young, M.Ed.
Simulation Program Manager