The LSU Health Shreveport Department of Radiology is dedicated to education not only locally, but regionally, nationally and internationally. We currently offer educational outreach for trainees and physicians in both radiology and other medical specialties:
- Our Radiology for Family Medicine Physicians Teleconference Program provides family medicine residents and physicians practical knowledge of diverse imaging modalities interpretation. The teleconferences are taught from by faculty from both LSU Health Shreveport, Willis Knighton Health System in Shreveport, and Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans and are open to any family medicine residency program.
- Our International Teleconference Program provides up-to-date education in diagnostic imaging and image-guided interventions to Latin American and Caribbean radiologists and non-radiologists. The faculty is composed of radiologists from around the globe who are recognized in their subspecialty. These teleconferences are primarily taught in Spanish.
- Our annual Radiology for the Non-Radiologist conference is geared towards physicians, trainees, and students in non-radiology medical specialties. The course is designed to help the non-radiologist decide the appropriate study for their patients' conditions and what information these studies can provide. This event is held every fall and carries CME credit.
Our Outreach Programs
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Magnolia, Arkansas
- University Hospital & Clinics, Lafayette, Louisiana
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Kenner, Louisiana
- LSU Health Shreveport Family Medicine - Shreveport, Shreveport, Louisiana
- LSU Health Shreveport Family Medicine - Monroe, Monroe, Louisiana
- University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Jonesboro, Arkansas
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley - Doctors Hospital at Renaissance, McAllen, Texas
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley - Knapp Medical Center, Mercedes, Texas
- East Jefferson General Hospital (affiliated with Tulane University), Metairie, Louisiana
- Cahaba Family Medicine Residency, Centreville, Alabama
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Pine Bluff, Arkansas
- Department of Family and Preventive Medicine - Emory School of Medicine, Dunwoody, Georgia
- Lone Star Family Health Center, Conroe, Texas
- Saint Anthony Hospital Family Medicine Residency, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Forrest General Family Medicine Residency Program, Hattiesburg, Mississippi