Dr. Alan Kaye, Provost, awarded Amber N. Edinoff, a Third Year Psychiatry Resident, the Provost’s Outstanding Graduate Medical Education Resident Research Award. Dr. Edinoff was selected for her outstanding research contributions. She has worked on over 40 papers in the past year on topics including, psychiatry, pain, and pharmacology. Congratulations!
Our Psychiatry Residency is a 4 year ACGME accredited program.
The program Faculty consists of Board Certified Psychiatrists with several years of experience who have a variety of sub-specialty training. Our residents are exposed to a wide array of patients across multiple training sites. The clinical experience and educational activities foster well-rounded psychiatrists who are prepared to enter private practice or sub-specialty training. We are accredited for 32 total positions, and typically accept 8 interns per year in the NRMP Match.
What sets us apart from other Psychiatry Residency programs?
- In January 2021, the Inpatient Psychiatric services formerly at the Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport location moved to Louisiana Behavioral Health. The new behavioral health facility is a partnership with Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport and Oceans Healthcare and provides inpatient behavioral health services for adults and seniors. In the future, this location will also include outpatient behavioral health (including an IOP program) and treatment of substance use disorder.
- Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport houses a separate Psychiatric Emergency Room where residents receive direct Emergency Psychiatry experience
- Decreasing call responsibilities from PGY I - PGY IV and a Night Float system
- Rotation in Forensic Psychiatry available as a PGY IV includes: Observing sanity commissions, treating the mentally ill who are incarcerated, and treating patients with developmental disabilities.
- Elective experiences include: Neuroradiology, ECT, and Sleep Medicine
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship
- Forensic Psychiatry Fellowship
Shawn E. McNeil, MD, FAPA
Rachel Voss, MD
Theresa McAnn, MBA
Gladys Jackson, BS
TRAIN WITH US
- When is the application deadline?
- How many letters of recommendation are required?
- Do you accept COMLEX?
- What are your cut-off scores for USMLE or COMLEX?
- Do you accept International Medical Graduates?
- Do you sponsor Visas?
- Do you have a graduation cut-off date?
- Do you have openings for PGY 2-4?
- Do you offer observerships or externships?