DENTAL GP RESIDENCY | APPLICATION PROCESS
Carefully read and follow the instructions so that there will be no delay in the receipt of your application by the LSU Health Shreveport School of Medicine Admissions Committee.
- Complete and submit the School of Medicine Dental Residency Self-Managed Application. Upload the following items with your application:
► Submit your current Curriculum Vitae
► A one-page Personal Statement describing your reasons and objectives for undertaking graduate study.
- Three letters of recommendation (the Dean's recommendation and two other recommendations). Electronic or paper recommendations are accepted. Electronic letters of recommendation must be sent directly to the school by the recommender.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of $50. This fee is for self-managed applications only. Online credit card payments and paper checks are accepted. Checks are to be made out to LSU Health Shreveport. Payment can be made online with the application form.
- Request an official score report from the National Board Dental Examinations (Parts I and II). Results are to be submitted directly to the school from the National Board Dental Examinations.
- Submit original or certified/notarized copies of all original-language academic records, mark sheets, and transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. Where official, original documents are issued in a language other than English, certified/notarized English translations must be included: Uncertified English translations will not be accepted. Electronic submissions must be sent by the institution.
All materials, including the National Board and TOEFL Scores, must be received by the application deadline. All application instructions should be followed carefully.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete. Incomplete applications will not be processed. All materials submitted for consideration become the property of LSU Health School of Medicine and will not be returned to the application for any reason.
Applying to the Program
Applications will be due to LSU Health Shreveport no later than December 31st of each year and will be considered for the class that begins the following July. Applicants must make application through the Online Self-Managed Application Form.
ATTENTION APPLICANTS: Due to COVID-19 it is highly recommended that all self-managed application materials are to be submitted via email to avoid processing delays.
Email or mail completed application materials to Codi Carpenter:
If submitting by U.S. mail:
- Place the application, curriculum vitae, personal statement, academic records and transcripts, letters of recommendation, and the application fee in one envelope.
- Letters of recommendation must be in envelopes that are sealed by the individual writer of the recommendation. The writer’s signature must appear on the back flap of the envelope.
LSU Health Shreveport, School of Medicine
Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Attention: Codi Carpenter
Admin Bldg. Room 503
1501 Kings Highway
Shreveport, LA 71130-3932
Admission Interviews / Selection of Students
Interviews will be granted after the applicant's credentials have been reviewed. Interviews are by invitation only. Candidates selected for an interview will be notified by a representative of the GPR program.
Selection Process Criteria
The following acceptance criteria must be met by all candidates:
- Academic qualifications that exhibit the potential for success;
- National Board Scores which demonstrate a high level of competency;
- Letters of recommendations; and
- An interview
- Entrance Requirements
- All successful applicants must possess a DMD or DDS degree to matriculate into the residency program.