Applicants to the LSU Health Shreveport Internal Medicine Residency Program must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). We only accept application materials through ERAS.
Applications must include the following in order:
- Application form
- Three or more letters of recommendation
- Dean’s letter (Medical Student Performance Evaluation)
- Medical school transcript
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) transcript-Step I & II (If available) or Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Exam (COMLEX) transcript
- Please note, we now require applicants to have passed both the clinical knowledge and clinical skills sections of Step 2 by February 15th in order to be ranked by our program.
For the 2023 ERAS cycle, our program will be participating in the supplemental ERAS application offered through the AAMC's ERAS program. Applicants will be required to complete the MyERAS application, and participation in the supplemental ERAS application is optional.
The additional information collected will help our program staff learn more about applicants' medical education journey, including more meaningful information about work, volunteer, and research experiences, and will help us better identify applicants who fit our program environment and mission.
This supplemental ERAS application will be delivered on a survey platform that is separate from the MyERAS application and must be completed between September 1-30.
We will be conducting virtual meet and greets on August 30th and September 7th at 5:00PM till 6:00PM Central Standard Time.
- Virtual Zoom Link for August 30th: https://lsuhs.zoom.us/j/94909582556?pwd=OVJZcmNRMDdRK3laUmk0cWs2Q1VLZz09
- Virtual Zoom Link for September 7th: https://lsuhs.zoom.us/j/95456937789?pwd=ZUtDeGNTcmRUTEVrMFF4K0toSFF2UT09
If you have any questions regarding the program or the application process, please contact our Program Administrator, Becky Custis, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal Medicine Residency Program
LSU Health Shreveport
1501 Kings Highway
Shreveport, LA 71103
Phone: (318) 675-4147
Fax: (318) 675-5958
Phone: (318) 675-4228
International Medical Graduates: International Medical Graduates must be Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certification at the beginning of internship and a completed ERAS file. LSU Health Shreveport only sponsors J-1 visa. Candidates should have prior US clinical experience.
The program does not discriminate based on gender, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, veterans’ status or sexual orientation.
All PGY-1 positions are offered through the National Residency Match Program (NRMP). Our Program NRMP listing are listed below:
- Louisiana State University (Shreveport) Three-Year Internal Medicine Categorical Program Listing: NRMP #1232140C0
- Louisiana State University (Shreveport) One-Year Internal Medicine Preliminary Program Listing: NRMP #1232140P0
Our interview day is designed to give applicants the opportunity to learn more about our residency program and provide insight into what it is like to be an Internal Medicine Resident at LSU Health Shreveport.
The day starts off with our Program Director gives a brief overview of our program after morning report.
Each applicant will have three interviews; this includes an interview with our Program Director. The other two interviews will be with a member of our Residency Leadership Team (Assistant/Associate Program Directors or 4th Year Chief Resident) and a member of our Core Faculty. During this time, we encourage the applicants to ask questions that they have regarding the training program, institution, and the Shreveport Area. In between the interviews, the applicants will be able to talk to residents and interns to talk about the program and the City of Shreveport and Bossier City.