Our goal is to provide quality healthcare to our patients through efficient access to care, appropriate and competent medical treatment, and compassionate and effective communication, while we provide excellent healthcare education to our resident physicians.
Our family physicians are trained in the art and science of caring for your whole family!
THE SERVICES WE PROVIDE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Comprehensive health checkups, including annual prostate exams, breast exams and Pap smears
- Care of most medical conditions from colds and sore throats to asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, and some forms of heart disease and cancer
- Routine maternity care, including prenatal care and childbirth
- Care of newborns and children, including preventive care and immunizations
- Routine laboratory, X-ray, and ultrasound procedures
- Diagnostic procedures, including flexible sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy, upper GI endoscopy, colposcopy, and treadmill stress testing
- Minor surgical procedures including vasectomy and biopsy or removal of skin lesions
WHAT IF YOU NEED A SPECIALIST?
If you need care that is beyond our usual scope of services, we are still there to help you. We rely on a network of excellent specialists to complement the care we provide, and we will continue to assist in coordinating your care. We might refer you to a specialist if you need major surgery, heart catheterization, or other specialized diagnostic or treatment services.
We have physicians on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak with a physician about an urgent medical need after-hours, call the answering service at (318) 484-3256. The physician on call will return your call as soon as possible. The doctor can help you decide what you can do at home or whether you need to seek care in a hospital emergency department.
LSU Health Shreveport
Alexandria Family Medicine Residency
301 Fourth Street
A-E Medical Terrace Annex
Alexandria, LA 71301
501 4th Street
Alexandria, LA 71301
Please call (318) 441-1030
8:00 AM-5:00 PM
(closed for lunch from 12:00-1:00)
We accept most commercial insurances and Medicare*.
*Medicaid enrollment is limited to pregnant women or children (18 and under).