Our program is a 3-year (PGY 1 - 3) curriculum.
Louisiana State University Health Shreveport aims to train residents who will:
- Master essential Emergency Medicine knowledge
- Acquire crucial administrative and clinical skills
- Learn to become future leaders and lifelong learners
- Become a future leader in Emergency Medicine
ACGME Core Competencies
Our residents are trained and expected to excel in:
- Patient care
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Medical knowledge
- Practice-based learning and improvement
- Systems-based practice
- What is a typical interview day like?
- I'm a fourth-year medical student. Can I do an away rotation at your institution?
- I am also interested in the EM/FM program. How do I find out more information?
- How do I increase my chances of getting an interview?
- What "freebies" do I receive from the department?
- When can I start moonlighting?
- What is life like outside of the hospital?
- Why choose LSU Health Shreveport?
Why Train in Shreveport, Louisiana?
Shreveport-Bossier has so much to offer that you have to experience it. In partnership with our local S-B Convention & Tourist Bureau, we have some videos to share that only begin to tell the story of all there is to see and do in Northwest Louisiana. We hope you will choose LSU Health Shreveport as your place for learning, working and living!