Thank you for your interest in the Emergency Medicine Residency Program at the LSU Health Shreveport, the area's only Level 1 Trauma Center. Our program provides training in postgraduate years 1-3 (PGY 1-3). Each year we accept applications for 9 PGY-1 positions. Graduates of our program are qualified to take the Board Examination in Emergency Medicine. Our program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NMRP) and utilizes the standard NRMP application form through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications are accepted only through ERAS. Currently our program does not accept anyone who requires J-1 Visa Sponsorship, while our institution does not accept anyone who requires H1-B Visa Sponsorship.
- Our program exclusively accepts resident applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- We follow a rolling interview invitation process, with the initial round of interview invitations set to be released at 5:00 PM on October 18, 2023.
- Subsequent interview invitations will be extended until all available interview slots have been filled.
- Starting from October 19, 2023, applicants can utilize the Thalamus platform to self-schedule their interviews.
- Interviews are scheduled to commence in early November and will continue through January.
- Our interview scheduling is managed through the ThalamusGME system.
- It's worth noting that for the 2024-2025 Academic Year, interviews will be conducted virtually.
- Currently, our program accepts a total of 9 residents per year.