Thank you for your interest in the Emergency Medicine Residency Program at the LSU Health Shreveport, the area's only Level 1 Trauma Center. Our program provides training in postgraduate years 1-3 (PGY 1-3). Each year we accept applications for 9 PGY-1 positions. Graduates of our program are qualified to take the Board Examination in Emergency Medicine. Our program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NMRP) and utilizes the standard NRMP application form through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications are accepted only through ERAS. Currently our program does not accept anyone who requires J-1 Visa Sponsorship, while our institution does not accept anyone who requires H1-B Visa Sponsorship.
- Resident applications to our program are accepted only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Interview invitations will start being sent out to applicants at 5:00 PM on October 19, 2022.
- Interview Scheduler will open October 20, 2022, for applicants to self-schedule their interview.
- Interviews will be held from the beginning of November and are scheduled through January.
- We utilize the ERAS Interview Scheduler system for scheduling interviews.
- Interviews for the 2023-2024 Academic Year will take place virtually.
- Our program currently accepts 9 residents per year.