Our mission in the Division of Dermatology is to serve as an educational resource to the LSU Health Shreveport Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, and the School of Allied Health Professions in expanding the clinical acumen of our providers at the resident and student level in diagnosing and managing skin disease and correlating internal disease with its cutaneous manifestations.
Further, we aim to be a resource to the community in referrals for complex skin disease, surgical management of skin malignancy, as well as the first providers in north Louisiana to accept Medicaid and allow access to dermatologic care across our community.
Finally, we hope to establish a premier dermatologic presence in this institution which will foster research, clinical trials, and innovation. Our top priorities will be meeting the health care needs of our patients and educational needs of our trainees so that they have everything they need to practice confidently upon graduation.
Areas of expertise and interest:
- Cutaneous T-cell lymphomas
- Autoimmune skin conditions, including blistering diseases and skin eruptions of connective tissue diseases
- Melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer treatment
- Skin surgery
- Skin of color dermatology
- Cutaneous infectious diseases
- Multi-treatment modalities to address chronic and complicated skin disease
- Injectable and minimally-invasive treatments to address signs of aging
- Pediatric dermatology