The Department of Anesthesiology has a thriving Research Division.
Our residents and faculty frequently present their research findings at both regional and national meetings, and the department provides full support and funding for these activities.
Research Faculty: Dr. Alan Kaye, Dr. Elyse Bradley, Dr. Sahar Shekoohi
Research Collaborations: Dept of Pharmacology, Toxicology, & Neuroscience; Dept. of Neurology; Dept. of Obstetrics; Dept. of OMFS; Feist Weiller Cancer Center; Louisiana Tech University; MERCK; REACHnet; LSU Ag Center Therapeutic Cannabis Program
- Defective Endotracheal Balloon Discovered During COVID-19 Intubation
- Noncardiac Surgery in Post Orthotopic Heart Transplant Patients. Do's & Don'ts!
- Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy Unmasked in a Patient Undergoing Left Upper Lobe Resection
- Anesthetic Management of a Parturient Patient with VACTERL Syndrome
- Airway Management of a Patient with Tracheal and Esophageal Stents and associated TE Fistula
- Emergency Drug Boxes: A Quality Improvement Project
- An Unusual Case of Angioedema at Home and Eventual In-Hospital Multi-Disciplinary Management: A Case Report
- Clonidine as a Local Anesthetic Adjunct for Brachial Plexus Blockade: Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials
- Dexamethasone as an Adjuct for Brachial Plexus: Meta-Analysis
- The Use of Tramadol in Intravenous Regional Anesthesia for Distal Upper Extremity Surgery: Meta-Analysis