The Master of Public Health is a joint degree program offered by LSU Shreveport and LSU Health Shreveport and fully accredited by the Council on Education in Public Health. The program is comprised of 42 credit hours which includes a 200-hour applied practical experience (internship). The curriculum is specifically designed to prepare public health graduate students for careers in a public health setting.
Students have the opportunity to choose between two delivery formats. Track #1 is comprised of face-to-face, evening courses offered Monday-Thursday and operates on a traditional semester schedule. Track #2 is comprised of 100% online courses offered on a seven week term schedule.
Track 1: Traditional, Face-to-Face
- Delivery: Face-to-face, Evening Courses (M-Th)
- Start Dates: Fall (Aug) & Spring (Jan)
- Culminating Project: Integrated Learning Experience OR Master’s Thesis
Track 2: Accelerated, 100% Online
- Delivery: 100% Online (7 week terms)
- Start Dates: 6 start dates per year
- Culminating Project: Integrated Learning Experience