The following are minimum admission requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Cardiopulmonary Science Program:
1. Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) for all required pre-requisite courses.
2. Pre-requisite courses earned from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university by the first day of class:
PRE-REQUISITE COURSE NAME
General Biology / Lab
General Chemistry / Lab
General Physics / Lab
Microbiology / Lab
Human Anatomy/Physiology 1 and II/Lab
Fine Arts Requirement**
Social/Behavioral Science 100 level****
Social/Behavioral Science 200 level****
*Science Electives: 7 hours of science electives are mandated with one course/lab being consecutive course in Biology, Chemistry, or Physics. Recommended Courses include Human Physiology, Organic Chemistry, etc. ***Humanities: English Literature, Technical Writing, Advanced Composition, Foreign Language, History, Speech, Communications, Philosophy or Religious Studies **Fine Arts Requirement: 3 hours of credit from Art, Dance, Music or Theater ****Social / Behavioral Sciences: Psychology, Sociology, Economics, Geography, Anthropology and Political Science
3. After initial processing of applications, selected applicants will be contacted to arrange an interview.
4. Accepted students must certify that they meet the technical standards established by the program with or without reasonable accommodations.
Prospective students interested in a pre-requisite course check are invited to email unofficial college transcripts to the Program Director, Dr. Diana Merendino, DPT, RRT, FAARC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
a. The AHCAS application fee is $95.00 for the first program applied to and $40.00 for each additional program.
b. The deadline for complete AHCAS applications (e-submitted, payment received, and all materials received) is January 15, 2020.
2. Official transcripts from all college-level institutions ever attended (including high school dual enrollment) sent to AHCAS:
a. Your registrar should mail your paper transcripts to the following address:
AHCAS Transcript Verification Department
P.O. Box 9127
Watertown, MA 02471
b. AHCAS only accepts electronic transcripts from Credentials Solutions, Parchment, and National Student Clearinghouse. If your school does not offer these services, your transcript must be sent by mail