ASK THE EXPERTS with the
Louisiana Addiction Research Center
Watch the Live Streamed Video from August 7th.
CLICK THE VIDEO to the left to begin watching the recording of the Live Video Stream.
When to seek help.
If you experience these feelings or behaviors for several days in a row and are unable to carry out your normal daily routine, seek professional help:
- Increased use of alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs
- Thoughts of harming yourself or others
- Feelings of numbness, disbelief, anxiety or fear
- Changes in appetite, energy, or activity level
- Difficulty concentrating
- Anger or short-temper
- Insomnia, difficulty sleeping or having nightmares
- Physical reactions such as headaches, body pains, stomach problems, and skin rashes
- Worsening of chronic health problems
Resources for dealing with addiction and stress of COVID-19
Tele-addiction or Tele-psychiatry appointments:
Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine Outpatient Clinic
LSU Health Shreveport, Appointments:
Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse of Northwest Louisiana (CADA)
When in doubt, call 911! - Tell them there is a “mental health emergency” and officers will be sent to assist you and your loved one. Ask for a Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) officer.
Click below to learn more about the