Research and Industry Day (RAID)
RAID is hosted by our Center for Cardiovascular Diseases and Sciences and Center for Brain Health, in partnership with the Center for Biomedical Engineering and Rehabilitation Science at LA Tech. The target audience for this annual conference includes students, trainees, scientists and clinicians conducting biomedical research who are interested in the interface between the laboratory and industry. If you have questions regarding the conference you can contact the following: Dr. Karen Stokes at email@example.com, Dr. Elizabeth Disbrow at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Dr. Bryant Hollins at email@example.com.
Our next RAID event has been postponed until 2022.
Goals and Learning Objectives:
- Establish collaborative partnerships between researchers at LSUHS and LA Tech to support applications for extramural funding and promote the commercialization and licensing of biotechnology discoveries.
- Inspire new thinking and discussions that will drive innovation in cardiovascular research and biomedical engineering over the next decade. Foster exchange of experiences between industries, business and people involved with biomedical research.
- Provide an executive overview of the CCDS and LA Tech’s CBERS.
- Expose undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate trainees to training opportunities available from CBERS and CCDS mentors.
- Explore methods of transitioning discoveries from the laboratory to the commercial sector.
Past Research and Industry Day Conferences:
November 6, 2020
October 11, 2019
October 26, 2018
October 19, 2017
October 1, 2016
September 18, 2015
RAID 2019 was held at LSU Health Shreveport in the BRI Atrium and Zadeck conference room on October 11, 2019 from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. This year's event hosted by the Center for Cardiovascular Diseases and Sciences, the Center for Brain Health and the LA Tech Center for Biomedical Engineering and Rehabilitation Sciences. RAID 2019 was sponsored by LSUHS, the CCDS, the CBH, LA Tech, the LA Tech Center for BERS, BRF, LifeShare, SfN and L.A.B. Industries.