"Researchers, students from multiple institutes as well as researchers from multiple industries joined BRAID. It was a good opportunity to improve our networks."
BRAID is hosted by a partnership between the Center for Cardiovascular Diseases and Sciences (CCDS), Center for Brain Health (CBH), and Louisiana Addiction Research Center (LARC) at LSU Health Shreveport, and Louisiana State University-Shreveport (LSUS), in collaboration with University of Louisiana Monroe, the Innovation Enterprise at Louisiana Tech University, and Centenary College of Louisiana.
The target audience for this annual conference includes students, trainees, scientists and clinicians conducting biomedical research who are interested in the interface between the laboratory and industry. There will be talks from scientific and industry experts, talks from trainees, and networking workshops will be available.
It's coming ... November 3, 2023 at LSU-Shreveport Campus
GOALS & LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Establish collaborative partnerships between researchers at LSU Health Shreveport, Louisiana State University - Shreveport, Louisiana Tech, University of Louisiana Monroe, and Grambling State University to support applications for extramural funding and promote the commercialization and licensing of biotechnology discoveries.
- Inspire new thinking and discussions that will drive innovation in translational research and biomedical engineering over the next decade.
- Foster exchange of experiences between industries, businesses and people involved with biomedical research.
- Expose undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate trainees to training opportunities available in industry and across all institutions.
- Explore methods of transitioning discoveries from the laboratory to the commercial sector.
What Attendees Say They Like Most About BRAID...
"The quality of speakers, the opportunity provided to disseminate research in a supportive and collegial manner, and the welcoming environment created by the partnering institutions."
"The diversity of speakers and attendees in terms of scientific background, profession, and career progression."
If you have questions regarding the conference, you can contact the following:
- LSU Health Shreveport: Dr. Karen Stokes at Karen.Stokes@lsuhs.edu (CCDS), Dr. Elizabeth Disbrow at Elizabeth.Disbrow@lsuhs.edu (CBH), Dr. Chris Schmoutz at Christopher.Schmoutz@lsuhs.edu (LARC)
- LSUS: Amanda Lewis at Amanda.Lewis@lsus.edu
- LA TECH: Dr. Teresa Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org
- CENTENARY: Dr. Rebecca Murphy - email@example.com
- ULM: Dr. Donald Simpson - firstname.lastname@example.org