The Mission of the CCDS is to invest in the future of cardiovascular research on this campus through identifying and enhancing research opportunities for the faculty, creating a strong environment for mentoring trainees, and to facilitate clinical scientists to increase translational research on our campus.
Through this Center of Excellence distinction, we hope to:
- Grow the number of cardiovascular disease researchers on our campus
- Increase extramural funding to support CCDS investigator research
- Support training in cardiovascular disease research and treatment
- Promote clinical and translational research on cardiovascular disease
- Support local cardiovascular health through education and outreach
CCDS activities are supported by the involvement of 48 LSU Health Shreveport faculty members, including 36 basic scientists and 12 clinical scientists encompassing all 5 basic science departments and 9 clinical departments.