Students can receive eligible Veterans Benefits while attending LSU Health Shreveport. Information pertaining to school policies, catalogs, residency, academic calendars, tuition and fee charges and more can be found on the Registrar's website at https://www.lsuhs.edu/our-schools/registrar.
Steps for receiving benefits:
- The student should contact the Registrar's Office for completion of required documentation certifying eligible tuition, fees and enrollment data.
- Benefits are approved by the Veterans Affairs Administration and funds are transferred to the university via ACH deposit.
- The Bursars Office notifies the Student Financial Aid Office of receipt of funds.
- The Financial Aid Office adds the amount of the award to the system.
- The Financial Aid Office notifies the student that there is a new award in the Student Self Service Portal.
- The Financial Aid Office authorizes the disbursement of funds to the Student Account.
- The Bursar's Office processes the disbursements and notifies the student by email when a credit balance check is available to be picked up.
Contact the Registrar's Office for questions regarding Veterans Benefits.
Administration Building, 4th floor, room 403
Regular office hours:
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Monday through Friday
Our mailing address:
Office of the Registrar
1501 Kings Hwy.
Shreveport, LA 71103.
Phone: (318) 675-5205
Fax: (318) 675-4758
The U.S. Department of Education and the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau offers the following school comparison tools for students trying to decide which school is the best fit for their educational needs:
College Scorecard - http://collegecost.ed.gov/scorecard/
College Navigator - http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
Paying for College - http://www.consumerfinance.gov/paying-for-college/