Program Interview/Application Requirements
Individual Programs will be responsible for coordinating and scheduling interviews and accepting applications. Programs must provide applicants with the required information below when interviewing.
1. Any applicant interviewed for a resident/fellow position must be provided information on the following:
- Sample Contract
- Financial Support
- Vacation/Sick and other leaves of absences
- Professional Liability
- Hospitalization/Health/Disability and other insurance accessible to residents/fellows and their eligible dependents
- Certifications that will be required prior to start per department specific requirements (BLS, ACLS, etc.)
- Program’s aims
- Eligibility for Specialty/Subspecialty Board Examination
2. Applicants must sign LSUHSC-S acknowledge statement.
3. Any applicant that will need J-1 Visa sponsorship should be informed of the process and requirements to obtain keep J-1 Visa sponsorship. H1-Bs are not accepted for residency/fellowship programs.
4. Applicants must fill out the GME 2 page application. (2 Page Application)
5. Applicants & a Program Representative must sign a Confidentiality Agreement regarding the virtual interview process acknowledging they are to refrain from recording audio, recording video, taking pictures, screenshots, etc. during the interview process.
- Applicants must be able to obtain a Louisiana Medical License in order to start training. Applicants should check THIS LINK to ensure they are eligible to obtain a Louisiana Medical license.
- If you are a physician seeking J-1 sponsorship or currently sponsored by ECFMG, visit THIS LINK to find information about the requirements and categories of ECFMG sponsorship, and details on selected federal regulations and application materials. Essential pre-arrival, travel, cross-cultural, and visa maintenance information is also provided on these webpages. LSU Health Shreveport only sponsors J-1 Visa holders.