Residents and Fellows participated in the 5th Annual Regional Poster Presentation hosted by the LSU Health Shreveport Graduate Medical Education Office and sponsored by Redstone Disability Insurance and Life Insurance Solutions. Residents and Fellows showcase their research and posters with the theme of:
Patient Safety / Quality Improvement / Scholarly Activity:
Meeting the Health Needs of Patients
Thank you to the poster judges for volunteering their time: Dr. Surender Arora (Endocrinology, Overton Brooks VA), Dr. Donnie Aultman (Surgery, Willis Knighton Medical Center), Dr. Michael Harper (Family Medicine, LSU Health Shreveport), Dr. David Rhodes (Chief Medical Officer, Rapides Regional Medical Center in Alexandria), and Dr. Gyanendra Sharma (Family Medicine-Monroe, LSU Health Shreveport).
The final winners were:
- 1st Place: Dr. Ryan Basquez, PGY 3 Family Medicine-Alexandria, "Has Introduction of a Ventilator Weaning Protocol Reduced Ventilator Days"
- 2nd Place: Dr. Ashton Adekanmbi, PGY 3 Family Medicine-Alexandria, "CAUTI Prevention in Hospitalized Adults"
- 3rd Place Tie: Dr. Tied Thomas Bell, PGY 1 Obstetrics & Gynecology, "Improving Postpartum Care: The Utility of the Edinburgh Depression Scale" and Dr. Maria Chiejina, PGY 6 Gastroenterology, "Implementing the Usefulness of AASLD Guidelines in the Prevention of Spontaneous Bacterial Peritonitis through an Intervention amongst Training Physicians"
2020 Poster Presentation
- Has Introduction to a Ventilator Weaning Protocol Reduced Ventilator Days?
- Multidisciplinary Approach to Combat CAUTIs
- Improving Postpartum Care: The Utility of the Edinburgh Postpartum Depression Scale
- Seeking Treatment Outside of HSA Affects Rate of Radiation Therapy
- Patients do not know their Risk of Coronary Artery Disease
- Postpartum Hemorrhage Protocol at Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport System
- Preliminary Results: LSU Equality Project
- Emergent Helicopter Transport of Burn Injuries, Is it Overused in Our Region?
- Does Type of Surgical Table Affect Turnover Time?
- Pancreaticogastrostomy Repair of Traumatic Pancreatic Neck Transection
- Compliance of Tetanus Vaccination Administration in Trauma Patients
- Implementing the usefulness of AASLD guidelines in the prevention of SBP through an intervention amongst training physicians
- Decision Tree to Help Guide the Management of Patients requiring PEG Tube Placement
- Clinical Chemistry Checklist
- Toxicology Rotation - Study and Additional Resources
- Evaluation of Postpartum Follow-up rates at OLSU following the implementation of the Ochsner Call System in 2020 in comparison to 2019 Postpartum Follow-up rates
- Decreasing Nosocomial C.Difficile Infections by Reducing Inappropriate PPI Exposure
- Waking up Drainage Catheters: Active Drainage
- Signature EEG Correlates on Intracranial Monitoring and MRgLITT for Medically Refractory Epilepsy from Periventricular Nodular Heterotopia
- Adverse Drug Events: Incidence Reduction by Addition of Clinical Pharmacists
- Readmission Rates after AMA in OLSU Monroe, Common Causes and Best Practices
- FM Quality Improvement: Clinic Walk-In
- Evidence Directed Use of Empiric Antibiotic Therapy in UTIs due to infection by E.Coli
- Improving Genetic Testing in Ovarian Cancer
- COVID-19: The Role of Gastroenterology in Flattening the Curve
- Need Blood? Use of Low-Titer Group O Whole Blood in Trauma Patients
- Effect of EMR Algorithm on Health Care Provider Compliance with Tdap Vaccine Administration in Obstetric Patients
- Closing the Gap between Immunization Guidelines and Application: Phase 1
- Curbing Obesity & Dental Caries in Med/Peds Clinic
- Targeted Screening for Dyslipidemia in Pediatrics
- Antenatal Screening to Identify Candidates for Low-Dose Aspirin Therapy: Preventing Preterm Pre-eclampsia