LSU Health Shreveport has no on-campus student housing. Crime prevention programs emphasizing security and what residents can do to help themselves be more secure are provided for LSU Health Shreveport members who reside off-campus. LSU Health Shreveport University Police, local Parish Sheriff's Offices and the City Police Department crime prevention units may assist in personal residence security surveys. LSU Health Shreveport issues "timely warnings" when it considers a crime to pose an ongoing threat to students and employees. Timely warnings include email announcements, alert flyers, and bulletin board notices.
REPORTING A CRIME OR EMERGENCY
If you are involved in an emergency situation, are the victim of a crime, or witness any criminal activity, you are urged to notify the LSU Health Shreveport Police Department as soon as possible by dialing 911 or (318) 675-6165 / (318) 675-6233, UPD Crime Hotline (318) 675-3873 or by using the LSU Shield App on your smartphone. Off-campus crimes may be reported to the Shreveport Police Department or Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office. Both of these law enforcement agencies can be reached by dialing 911.
- iOS and Android compatible
- Available to everyone: students, staff, faculty and visitors
- Summon emergency services by telephone with a single button
- Submit non-emergency reports including a picture and a video
- Two-way chat with LSU Police
- Submit anonymously
- Instantly notify pre-identified contacts of your safety and location
- FriendWatch feature allows your pre-identified contacts to monitor your safety plus much more!