Swab Assistant – Covid Strike Team
Hours: 0730-1600 (flexible)
This position is affiliated with the LSUHSC-S Covid Strike Team. The swab assistant is responsible for in-putting Personal Health Information (PHI) in a mobile software platform and verifying accuracy of labels for collection of specimens. This position deals with sensitive information and maintains confidentiality according to HIPAA guidelines.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- The assistant will be part of a mobile team that delivers point of care testing in a variety of settings (congregate facilities, schools, community sites).
- The assistant will in-put information for accurate labeling of specimens.
- Safeguards confidentiality of all PHI and records according to HIPAA.
- May be required to courier specimens and supplies between testing sites and main hub points.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Attention to detail
- Use of iPad or other similar technology
- Ability to learn CSICK/Color Genomic software platforms (will train)
- English language usage
- HIPAA and confidentiality
- Good communication skills
- Work during day-time hours
- Be available for at least 2 shifts/week
- Provide reliable transportation (mileage reimbursable)
- Be a member of a team
- High school diploma or GED
If interested, please send resume to email@example.com.