Frequently Asked Questions
- When are jobs posted?
- Do Faculty positions have job descriptions?
- What are the main differences between classified and unclassified positions?
- I have applied several times but can't seem to get a job!
- What is the salary range for positions?
- How do I have my employment verified?
- How does LSUHS comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)?
Candidates for Unclassified positions must meet the minimum qualifications of the job and possess the degree indicated in the posting.
Candidates for Classified positions must meet the minimum requirements of the job and may be required to take a written exam. Classified employees are paid bi-weekly.
Applicant pools can be quite large and include many qualified candidates, which may create a competitive situation. Human Resources encourages qualified individuals to continue to apply for positions that become available.
Job descriptions, brief descriptions of responsibilities of the job, are available for review on each position posted. This information may be used to create a customized cover letter which may draw attention to your specific skills and experience.
Before responding to a position posting, review your resume, curriculum vitae, and/or Civil Service online application to ensure that the information is comprehensive, accurate, and current.
Employees may request VOE directly or vendors may request on employees’ behalf. Verifications will be mailed, faxed or e-mailed, within 48 business hours, to the business/organization requesting verification. Employees may also obtain a verification by visiting the Human Resources Benefits & Records Office, and completing the Request for Verification of Employment form. Verifications include employee name, job title, dates of employment and salary. Requests may be faxed to 318-675-7990 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The LSUHS representative responsible for facilitating the interactive, evaluation process relative to any request for accommodation, whose name and contact information is provided below.
LSUHS ADA Coordinator
Department of Human Resources
1501 Kings Highway
Shreveport, LA 71130-3932
- Are retirees able to change retirement options?
- Am I able to change/update my beneficiary for retirement and medical plans? If so, when and how do I start the process?
- Can I enroll for insurance if I did not elect to keep it at the onset of retirement?
- When am I able to change options and/or add dependents to my existing medical plan?
- Why do I have to give copies of marriage license/birth certificates for covered dependents on my medical/life plan(s)?
- How do I change/update my address and/or direct deposit information?
- If my beneficiary passed away, what is the process to name a new beneficiary?
- Can I return to active status for the agency?
Yes, once the position you will be returning to has been determined, paperwork will be necessary to alert the retirement system that you are actively employed. If returning in a part-time position, it is possible your retirement benefits will continue. If returning in a full-time position, you will have to select from a list of options to continue or discontinue retirement benefits.
Department of Human Resource Management
1501 Kings Highway,
P.O. Box 33932
Shreveport, LA 71130-3932
Office hours are
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
If you are contacted for an interview, please let us know at that time if you will need special accommodations.
For phone contact information check individual job listing.
For general HR inquiries, call 318-675-5616.