LSU Health Shreveport participates in programs to ensure the quality of educational programs and compliance with all state and federal regulations. Listed below is an overview of the most frequently requested information with contact information:
- The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) is responsible for the accreditation of post-MD medical training programs within the United States. Accreditation is accomplished through a peer review process and is based upon established standards and guidelines. A copy of our most recent report can be found at http://www.acgme.org/ads/Public/Sponsors/Search/ organizational ID # is 8002100151.
- The Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs (AAHRPP)promotes the highest quality research through an accreditation process. The Health Sciences Center is fully accredited research organization.
- The Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as the reliable authority for the accreditation of medical education programs leading to the MD degree. The LSU Health Shreveport School of Medicine status can be found at http://www.lcme.org/directory.htm.
- LSU Health Sciences Center at Shreveport is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Bachelor’s Degrees, Master’s Degrees, Doctoral Degrees and First-Professional Degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of LSU Health Sciences Center at Shreveport.
- LSU Health Shreveport, School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Shreveport-Bossier has so much to offer that you have to experience it. In partnership with our local S-B Convention & Tourist Bureau, we have some videos to share that only begin to tell the story of all there is to see and do in Northwest Louisiana. We hope you will choose LSU Health Shreveport as your place for learning, working and living!